SUNDAY, APRIL 23
- Message from Jason Sewell, John 20:24-31.
- DISCOVERY CLASS… Wednesday evenings, May 10 – June 14, from 6:30PM-8:00PM. Pastor Steve and Carissa will be hosting our Spring Discovery Class in their home. The class is required for membership, but it is also a great way for anyone wanting to learn more about Faith Church and get to know the pastor and other newer families to the church! Over the course of six sessions, we’ll cover our vision and values, discipleship and ministry opportunities, EPC distinctives, and what membership is all about. RSVP to email@example.com and let us know if you will need childcare.
- HOW TO HOST A BLOCK PARTY ADULT EDUCATION CLASS… Block Party 101 is a three 3-week interactive class focusing on one way to practice UP-IN-OUT with your immediate neighbors. We will focus on how to host a successful block party for your neighbors so that you have an opportunity to meet and get to know them in a fun environment. Whether you choose to invite 10 houses or 100 houses, we will discuss planning the party, prayer walks to surround the party with prayer, ideas for a successful party, and much more. Each class will be based on a section of scripture which we will study and extrapolate wisdom and guidance from. If you want to host a party, help someone else host a party… or just attend a Sunday morning study that will BE a party, then come join us May 7th, 14th, and 21st as we wrap up the year and begin to prepare for our summer schedule.
- WOMEN’S SPRING LUNCHEON AT MILITARY AVENUE CHURCH IN DETROIT… Military Avenue Church is a mission church of the EPC in downtown Detroit. Four weeks from today, May 7th, is our annual luncheon at the church. There are a few different ways you can help support this outreach event:
Attend the Event. If you are available, please plan on attending. There are no special requirements but to come and enjoy the church service and fellowship with the Military Avenue ladies. $20 will buy a ticket for you and one of our guests. We will leave our church at 10:00AM and be back before 4:00PM.
Pay for a Woman from Military Avenue to Attend. If you cannot attend yourself, consider covering the cost for a woman from Military Avenue. We are expecting 50 women as our guests. We need your generous donations to cover the costs of this special day.
Bake a Tea Bread. Tea breads will be given as gifts to the Military Ave. women. Foil baking containers are provided if you can help make some of the breads.
Please visit the ministry table to purchase tickets, make donations, or sign up to volunteer.
- PRAYER BREAKFAST TICKETS… The annual Rochester Area Prayer Breakfast is Thursday, May 4th from 7:00AM – 9:00AM at the Athletics Center O’Rena at Oakland University. Tickets are $25 each. If you would like to sit at the Faith Church table, please contact Julie (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- SUPPORT THE FAITH CHURCH MISSIONS BUDGET WHEN YOU SHOP AT AMAZON.COM… All you have to do is visit this page https://smile.amazon.com/ch/38-2625147 and confirm that you would like .05% of your Amazon.com purchases to be donated to Faith Church (we’ll never see what you purchase). Questions? Visit the Amazon Smile Help Page.
- ATTIC SALE… Our Attic Treasures Sale will be on Saturday, April 22nd from 9:00AM—3:30PM. Our Attic Sale has been a tremendous success for the past 9 years with proceeds going to our outreach and mission activities, but we can’t do it without your help. We need MANY volunteers! If you can help accept and sort donations during the donation times listed below and/or volunteer on the day of the sale, please contact Heidi Morris (email@example.com). Donation Drop-off Dates and Information:
- Wednesday, April 19 5:00PM – 8:00PM
- Thursday, April 20 11:00AM – 7:00PM
- Friday, April 21 9:00AM – 12:00PM
- Special pick-up for larger items can be arranged by contacting Jason Sewell (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 15th. No pick-ups will be scheduled after April 15th.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept entertainment centers and electronics older than 3 years. We also will not be accepting clothing or shoes. Instead, please save your donations of clothing and shoes for our annual fall clothes swap.
Save the Date
April 22: Attic Treasures Sale, 9:00AM
April 30: Children’s Musical. No Sunday school or Christian education classes.
Full calendar: http://faith-epc.org/calendar/
Faith Love Pantry
The Faith Love Pantry needs replenishment of the following items: Kraft mac and cheese, small boxes of instant mashed potatoes, paper towels, toilet paper and Kleenex.
Each week we collect food for Military Avenue’s Food Bank in the baskets by the front doors. The chart below shows their current stock levels/needs. You can help by donating any of the items on the chart, but their most immediate needs are those with less than 30%.