- Message from Jason Sewell, Genesis 27:22-33.
- Prepare your heart for worship by listening to the worship set.
ADVENT DEVOTIONAL… Join with other Faith Church members and attendees this Christmas season as we intentionally prepare our hearts, minds and souls for the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ in community with one another. Each day, December 1st through December 25th, we will post a Christmas devotion from John Piper’s devotional Solid Joys. We encourage you to read the devotion and comment with your thoughts and/or questions on that day’s reading. Because it is a closed Facebook group, only members of the group will see what you post and comment. Visit www.facebook.com/groups/readingplan/ to join.
LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AT FAITH CHURCH… As we think about growing our community, sense of connection with one another, and ministry capacity within our church, we are looking for leaders who would work with the support of our staff in the following areas. Please be in prayer for God to raise up leaders in these areas who feel called to serve in these ways, and prayerfully consider if God might be calling you to be one of them. If you’re interested or for more information, check the box on the Connection Card or contact Pastor Steve directly (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thanks for praying and considering!
- Children’s Musical Coordinator. Due to Faye Martin’s move to North Carolina, we need a coordinator for the Children’s Musical if we would have it again this year. This person would work with a team to coordinate musical selection, practices, costumes, singing, and acting.
- Nursery Coordinator. This person would oversee the recruitment, training, and scheduling of volunteers to love on our youngest members.
- Women’s Ministry Leader. This has been a shared responsibility for the last two years, but we are in need of a woman to step up as the point person to oversee women’s ministry. This could include working with a leadership team to plan, cast vision, and coordinate women’s ministry.
- Wednesday Night Food Team. We would like to have ministry opportunities each Wednesday evening and begin with a shared meal together from 5:45-6:30. Rather than asking the same people to plan meals every week, we would like to have multiple teams to share the responsibility over the course of the month for planning and coordinating the meal.
- Wednesday Night Setup Team. Rather than asking the same people to set up tables each Wednesday evening, we would like to have multiple teams to share the responsibility over the course of the month.
- Welcome Team Coordinator. This person would recruit, train, support, and schedule volunteer greeters, ushers, and Welcome Center workers in order to create a warm, hospitable, and welcoming environment for visitors and regulars who join us on Sundays.
THEOLOGY ON TAP THIS TUESDAY… Theology on Tap is a group of friends who meet monthly to enjoy a good craft beer or soda together as we discuss how theology relates to everyday life and contemporary questions. Please join us this month on Tuesday, November 28 from 8:00-9:30PM at Brooks Brewing in Shelby Township (new location!) We will continue to discuss chapter 5 “Glory unto God: John Calvin” from the book The Theology of the Reformers. Reading the chapter we will be discussing ahead of time is encouraged, but not required.
MEN’S RETREAT… SAVE THE DATE! January 19-21. Details coming soon, but, guys, get this on your calendars now. It will be an incredible time of camaraderie. We’ll be exploring how to grow as a man after God’s heart, not through a list of techniques and to-do’s, but by encountering grace in our relationship with God.
SUPPORT THE FAITH CHURCH MISSIONS BUDGET WHEN YOU DO YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING AT AMAZON.COM… Visit this page https://smile.amazon.com/ch/38-2625147 and confirm that you would like .05% of your Amazon.com purchases to be donated to Faith Church. We’ll never see what you purchase.
Save the Date
December 3: Message from Pastor Steve, Genesis 32:24-32; 35:9-15
Full calendar: http://faith-epc.org/calendar/
Each week we collect food for Military Avenue’s Food Bank in the baskets by the front doors. Click here to see their current stock levels/needs. You can help by donating any of the items on the chart, but their most immediate needs are those with less than 30%.