- 7.16 – Message from Pastor Steve, Matthew 10:29-31
- 7.23 – Message from Pastor Steve, Romans 10:1-4; 14-15
JOIN US FOR A BASEBALL GAME AT JIMMY JOHN’S FIELD ON FRIDAY, JULY 28TH… The game starts at 7:00 PM, gates open at 6:00PM. The Jimmy John’s Field is located at 7171 Auburn Rd, Utica, MI 48317. Game tickets are free, parking and snacks are extra. The Jimmy John’s field is one of the new gems of our area! It is very family friendly. We will be sitting on the lawn (bring your own blanket – no chairs allowed) located right next to the whiffle ball field. Plan to stay for an amazing fireworks show immediately following the game. July 28 is a promotional night for them: wear pink as they pay tribute to those who are battling or have battled breast cancer. Tickets are free but limited. Please contact Jason (Jason@faith-epc.org) to reserve your ticket and make arrangements to pick them up.
SAVE THE DATE AND MAKE PLANS TO JOIN US…
- Thursday, August 3rd – Join us for an evening concert from the Faith Church Worship Band at the Rochester Municipal Park.
- Thursday, August 17th – Join us at Michigan’s Adventure. Discounted tickets are available for $15 if you let Jason know you would like to come (Jason@faith-epc.org)
ANNUAL CONGREGATIONAL MEETING AUGUST 13TH… Please make a point to stay after worship on August 13th to take up important matters in the life of our church. Pastor Steve will be sharing about our vision for ministry and direction for the future. We’ll also seek the congregation’s approval of the proposed budget for the next fiscal year, as well as elect elders and deacons to new terms of service. Although only members can vote on the business, we encourage all regular attenders to join us!
BIG COLLECTION OF FAITH BASED BOOKS AT THE ROCHESTER LIBRARY USED BOOK SALE… The Friends of the Rochester Hills Public Library will have a Summer Used Book and Media Sale from July 27 – 31 which will include an especially large collection of religion-oriented books thanks to an extraordinary donation from a retired theology professor. Most hardcover and large softcover will go for $1 and small paperbacks for 50 cents. Check the library website for hours.
OUTREACH WITH 5POINT7 CHURCH THIS SUMMER… A team from Faith Church will partner with Trinity Presbyterian to help run a VBS for our EPC church plant in Detroit, 5point7 Community Church. VBS will be 12:00-3:00 on July 26-28. Faith Church will take the lead on the 26th & 27th, and Trinity will lead the 28th. Here is a list of ways you can help support:
- Pray for the students, weather, participation, volunteers and God’s purpose.
- We need 12 volunteers to help students do games, crafts, music and teach a Bible story. We need volunteers to help from 11:00-4:00 on the 26th & 27th.
- Donate any of the following:
- 2 dozen pens
- Sharpies—red, blue, green, black (3 each)
- 200 napkins
- 200 paper plates
- 150 small bottles of water
- 75 Ziploc sandwich bags
- 2 rolls of masking tape
- 125 of the small individual bags of chips
- 100 toilet paper rolls
- Cash contributions to cover the cost of food and additional supplies
Please view the message below from Brian Evans from 5point7 Church in Detroit about how your help with a VBS at their church can help change hearts, families, and a community. Drop items off on Sunday, July 9, 16, or 23. Contact Suzanne Swanson for info or to help.
DOWNLOAD THE FAITH CHURCH APP…Subsplash.com/faithepc/app. Use the app on:
- Sunday Morning: Check-in to worship, submit prayer requests, view the order of worship, read the announcements, give online if you forget your checkbook.
- Throughout the Week: Check dates and times for events, read the announcements, stay up-to-date with our supported missionaries, listen to sermons, get answers to frequently asked questions, access all contact information for the church in one place and give online if you forgot to give on Sunday or want to set-up a recurring gift through the app. It’s easy to do!
FAMILY MISSION PROJECT… This summer we are encouraging families to create memories and make a difference in other’s lives. One opportunity that we want to offer up is to use the summer to collect back-to-school supplies so we can fill a backpack and give it to a child who could not purchase the basic supplies needed for going back to school in the fall. We will give the backpacks to some of our supported ministries in Detroit so that they get in the hands of some kids who would be blessed by your efforts. Read More on the Blog…
LEARN MORE ABOUT FAITH IN ACTION… Who: All members and attenders young and old. What: Join us on a church-wide summer initiative to be a blessing in our community. How: Look around your communities and look for ways you can show people in that community love. Read More on the Blog…
HOLY SMOKE BBQ COOK-OFF!… August 26th. Men, save the date and let us know now if you want to compete. Competitors will bring their best recipe, and the rest of us (everyone in attendance) get to sample the results and cast a vote for the best BBQ. A trophy will be provided to the champion, and we all get to enjoy the fruits of your labor! The judging/eating will take place around 1 PM, but guys are encouraged to come early to hang out, enjoy one another, and partake in some backyard-style games. This is a great event to bring non-Faith friends to as well. Email email@example.com if you’d like to compete; otherwise, put it on your calendar and plan to attend!
SUMMER OFFICE HOURS… Please check the office hours if you have church business over summer. The office hours will be a little different every week due to vacations and summer schedules.
Save the Date
July 30: Msg from Pastor Steve, Colossians 4:2-6
Aug 13: Congregational Meeting
Full calendar: http://faith-epc.org/calendar/
Each week we collect food for Military Avenue’s Food Bank in the baskets by the front doors. Click here to see their current stock levels/needs. You can help by donating any of the items on the chart, but their most immediate needs are those with less than 30%.