- Message from Pastor Steve, Genesis 32:24-32; 35:9-15
- Prepare your heart for worship by listening to the worship set.
- COMMUNION BENEVOLENCE OFFERING… Faith Church stands in the historic tradition of connecting Communion with the care for those in need. A benevolence offering will be taken at the end of each Communion service to support those in the church body and wider community who are in need. Ushers will be available at the back of the sanctuary to receive your gift if you are interested in contributing. Half of the collection will go to support our wider community through Neighborhood House, and half will be used to help with needs within Faith Church.
- EXTEND THE MEAL… Consider connecting with others in our spiritual family on Communion Sundays by “extending” the meal from the Communion Table in worship to lunch with others after worship. Consider inviting others to your home or out to a restaurant. Try to include at least one family or person that you do not already know well during this time.
CHRISTMAS EVE SERVICE… Please join us at 7:00PM on Sunday, December 24th to celebrate the birth of Jesus. A light cookie and coffee reception will follow the service.
FAITH PANTRY NEEDS… Now that cold and flu season is upon us, the Faith Pantry needs paper products; Kleenex, paper towels and toilet paper. Please leave your donation in our kitchen. Thank you so much for helping those in need at Faith Church.
HELP NEEDED WITH SETUP/CLEANUP FOR THE LADIES EVENING OF ADVENT EVENT… The Women of Faith Evening of Advent Event will be held on Thursday, December 7th. Help is needed at 4:30PM on Tuesday, December 5th to setup for the event and then again at 9:00AM on Friday, December 8th to put things back together. Please contact Bob Zeeb at (248.210.7942) or firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help. Thank you for helping to make this event a success.
DECEMBER IN THE MIX EVENT… Join us from 3:00PM – 5:00PM on Sunday, December 10th for our next “In the Mix” event at the church. This is a chance for us to spend time together – children, parents, singles, seniors, friends, and neighbors. Everyone is welcome! Come enjoy hot chocolate, Christmas cookie decorating, activities, and games for all ages. Even the beloved “snowball fight” room will be open to the young and the young at heart. We’re looking forward to an afternoon of fun with friends new and old.
ADVENT DEVOTIONAL… Join with other Faith Church members and attendees this Christmas season as we intentionally prepare our hearts, minds and souls for the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ in community with one another. Each day, December 1st through December 25th, we will post a Christmas devotion from John Piper’s devotional Solid Joys. We encourage you to read the devotion and comment with your thoughts and/or questions on that day’s reading. Because it is a closed Facebook group, only members of the group will see what you post and comment. Visit www.facebook.com/groups/readingplan/ to join.
LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AT FAITH CHURCH… As we think about growing our community, sense of connection with one another, and ministry capacity within our church, we are looking for leaders who would work with the support of our staff in the following areas. Please be in prayer for God to raise up leaders in these areas who feel called to serve in these ways, and prayerfully consider if God might be calling you to be one of them. If you’re interested or for more information, check the box on the Connection Card or contact Pastor Steve directly (email@example.com). Thanks for praying and considering!
- Children’s Musical Coordinator. Due to Faye Martin’s move to North Carolina, we need a coordinator for the Children’s Musical if we would have it again this year. This person would work with a team to coordinate musical selection, practices, costumes, singing, and acting.
- Nursery Coordinator. This person would oversee the recruitment, training, and scheduling of volunteers to love on our youngest members.
- Women’s Ministry Leader. This has been a shared responsibility for the last two years, but we are in need of a woman to step up as the point person to oversee women’s ministry. This could include working with a leadership team to plan, cast vision, and coordinate women’s ministry.
- Wednesday Night Food Team. We would like to have ministry opportunities each Wednesday evening and begin with a shared meal together from 5:45-6:30. Rather than asking the same people to plan meals every week, we would like to have multiple teams to share the responsibility over the course of the month for planning and coordinating the meal.
- Wednesday Night Setup Team. Rather than asking the same people to set up tables each Wednesday evening, we would like to have multiple teams to share the responsibility over the course of the month.
- Welcome Team Coordinator. This person would recruit, train, support, and schedule volunteer greeters, ushers, and Welcome Center workers in order to create a warm, hospitable, and welcoming environment for visitors and regulars who join us on Sundays.
MEN’S RETREAT… SAVE THE DATE! January 19-21. Details coming soon, but, guys, get this on your calendars now. It will be an incredible time of camaraderie. We’ll be exploring how to grow as a man after God’s heart, not through a list of techniques and to-do’s, but by encountering grace in our relationship with God.
SUPPORT THE FAITH CHURCH MISSIONS BUDGET WHEN YOU DO YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING AT AMAZON.COM… Visit this page https://smile.amazon.com/ch/38-2625147 and confirm that you would like .05% of your Amazon.com purchases to be donated to Faith Church. We’ll never see what you purchase.
Save the Date
December 10: Message from Jason Sewell, Genesis 37 & 39
Full calendar: http://faith-epc.org/calendar/
Each week we collect food for Military Avenue’s Food Bank in the baskets by the front doors. Click here to see their current stock levels/needs. You can help by donating any of the items on the chart, but their most immediate needs are those with less than 30%.