- Message from Jason Sewell, Galatians 4:1-7
- Prepare your heart for worship by listening to the worship set.
MALE & FEMALE SECURITY GREETERS NEEDED… Men and women of Faith Church, we need 8 people to serve once-a-month at the security station downstairs to greet, check-in and assist the families and visitors of Faith Church who have children in our Sunday school program. No experience necessary; you will receive training. Contact Julie (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions or would like to sign-up.
CLOTHES SWAP, SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 23RD FROM 9:30AM – NOON… For the past several years, Faith Church has supported our community with a clothes swap. The event attracts and serves many families from the community. A clothing swap is a totally FREE event. It’s called a swap because people bring clothes they no longer need and take clothes they do need. If you can help in any of the ways listed below, contact Heidi Morris (email@example.com).
- Donate Your Clean, Unused Clothing: We accept all sizes of clothing for men, women and children. If you have clothes to donate, you may drop them off at church on Wednesday, September 20th from 6:00PM-7:30PM, Thursday, September 21st from 8:30AM – 2:30PM and 5:00PM-7:00PM, or Friday, September 22nd from 9:00AM – 12:00PM.
- Help Sort the Clothes: Volunteers are needed on Thursday and Friday, September 21st and 22nd to help sort the clothes that are donated.
- Help on the Day of the Swap: Volunteers are needed to help welcome visitors, sort new clothes as they are donated and pack-up leftover donations.
MID-YEAR MISSIONS UPDATE… Make sure to join us on September 10 for worship (9:45) and the kick-off of our education hour afterwards (11:10-noon) for an update on how God is working through our missionary partners, as well as a “next step” for how we, at Faith Church, can truly partner with them in their ministries. Youth and adults will be together during the education hour for the update, and elementary-age kids will have their own special program in their classes downstairs. Don’t miss it!
SERVE THE CHILDREN OF FAITH CHURCH THIS FALL AND WINTER… Looking to add a little fun and energy to your Sunday mornings? Consider teaching Sunday school when it starts back up for fall. All materials are provided. There are some opportunities available to teach on a rotating basis. Please contact Ann Strombeck (firstname.lastname@example.org or 248.690.9659) if you have questions or would like to sign-up.
LEARN MORE ABOUT FAITH IN ACTION… Who: All members and attenders young and old. What: Join us on a church-wide summer initiative to be a blessing in our community. How: Look around your communities and look for ways you can show people in that community love. Read More on the Blog…
Women of Faith
Interested in meeting and fellowshipping with the women of Faith Church? Consider joining a friendship circle. Groups meet monthly and include a time to chat, discuss a book, and pray. Please contact each leader directly if you have questions or would like to sign-up.
- 1st Sunday of the Month from 6:00PM—8:00PM at church. Meets while the Middle School and High School youth groups meet – you don’t have to be a parent of a youth group student to attend; Julie Magro (email@example.com) – starts October 1st.
- 2nd Tuesday of the Month from 7:00PM – 9:30PM at church. Louise Skelton (firstname.lastname@example.org). First meeting will be on September 12th
- 2nd Friday of the Month at 9:30AM at the home of Margaret Dolan in Rochester Hills. Debbie Zeeb (email@example.com). The first meeting will be on September 8th.
- 2nd Monday of the Month at 7:00PM at Judy Kortryk’s home in Rochester. Judy Kortryk (248.651.7719). First meeting date TBD.
Save the Date
Fall Prayer Breakfast: Saturday, October 21st from 9:30AM—11:30AM.
- Thursday Morning Bible Study, 9:30-11:00. Psalm 107 is a call to worship. It reminds us that each season of life is an opportunity to reveal the anchor of our souls. In this 7-session Bible study, written by Lauren Chandler, we will learn to face both storms and deserts with courage and trust in Jesus, and discover how tests in our journeys of faith reveal the true condition of our hearts. For there is no fear for the one who fears the Lord, the one whose soul is anchored in His steadfast love. The study begins on October 5th from 9:30AM—11:00AM at church and childcare is available. Sign-up at the welcome center. Questions? Contact Connie Whitaker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Monday Morning Bible Study, 9:30. Through the use of vivid imagery, John writes Revelation to reveal the end of human history, the return of Christ, and the establishment of a new heaven and a new earth. John’s message of hope in Revelation assures Christians that God is in sovereign control of all past, present and future events. He encourages believers to trust that Jesus Christ will judge the lost and will rule in ultimate victory over all human and demonic opposition. The study begins on Monday, September 18th at 9:30AM at the home of Margaret Dolan. We will be studying the book of Revelation using the study guide written by John MacArthur, The Christian’s Ultimate Victory. Sign-up at the welcome center. Questions? Contact Nancy Henson (248.420.2084).
Save the Date
Sep 3: Message from Pastor Steve on 2 Corinthians 4:1-12
Sep 10: Missions Mid-Year Update
Full calendar: http://faith-epc.org/calendar/
Each week we collect food for Military Avenue’s Food Bank in the baskets by the front doors. Click here to see their current stock levels/needs. You can help by donating any of the items on the chart, but their most immediate needs are those with less than 30%.